4 burnt in gas leakage fire in Narayanganj

Four people, including a woman, suffered burn injuries in a fire caused by gas leakage at their house in Sadar Upazila of Narayanganj early today.

The injured were identified as Gani Mia, Sayeed, Milon, and China Begum. They are currently undergoing treatment at Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery in Dhaka reports our Narayanganj correspondent.

The incident took place in a fifth-floor flat of a six-story building in the Kayempur area of the Upazila around 12:30 am today. Gas accumulated inside the house due to a leak in the gas cylinder line, according to Abdullah Al Arefin, deputy assistant director, Fire Service, and Civil Defence, Narayanganj (Zone-1).

“When they came in from outside and lit the stove, the fire started. Four of them were injured critically,” he said.

They were rescued by locals and taken to Dhaka in critical condition.

The fire was put out before the Fire Service arrived on the scene after hearing the news. After the investigation is completed, more information will be shared, he added.