A man, who suffered burns along with three other family members in a fire in Mugda on November 22, died at a city hospital this morning.
Sudhanshu Boidya (35) breathed his last around 5:00 am at Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery, said SM Aiyub Hossain, resident surgeon of the burn institute.
He had suffered 35 percent burn injuries in the fire, he added.
Earlier, his wife Priyanka Baroi (32) and their son Arup Boidya (5) died at the hospital after they were injured in the fire believed to be originated from gas leakage.
Priyanka’s mother Shefali Rani Baroi (55) is in a critical state at the hospital.
Palash Baroi, a brother of Priyanka, said his sister’s family came to his house in Dakshin Mugda area from Shariatpur for Sudhanshu’s treatment.