2 die from electrocution at Badda

Two persons died from electrocution and two others sustained minor injuries while welding at an under-construction house in Dhaka’s Badda this afternoon.

The deceased were identified as Ariful Islam Sohel (28), owner of Ma Engineering Workshop at Satarkul area, and his employee Jahangir Alam (32).

Nine workers were welding the metal frames of a shed of the house when four of them got electrocuted around 2:00 pm.

“Two of them were taken to Dhaka Medical College Hospital where on-duty doctors declared them dead around 3:00 pm,” said Md Hossain, the man who took them to the hospital.

“Two others Miraj and Adnan survived narrowly with small electric shocks,” he said.

Hailed from Dhaka’s Nawabganj Upazila, Sohel used to live in the Satarkul area with his family members and Jagangir in the Uttar Badda area.

Bachchu Mia, in charge of the DMCH Police Outpost, said the bodies were kept at the hospital morgue for autopsies.